Joachim Fettig » Participants
Joachim FettigProfessor, Doctor of Engineering Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied ScienceDepartment of Environmental Engineering and Applied Informatics
- Professor for Water Technology at the University of Applied Sciences Ostwestfalen-Lippe, Höxter Campus, Department of Environmental Engineering and Applied Informatics, since 1990
- Research Engineer at the Norwegian Hydrotechnical Laboratory (SINTEF group) in Trondheim, Norway, 1987-1990
- Post-Doctoral Fellow at the University of North Carolina, Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, in Chapel Hill, USA, 1985-1986
- PhD. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Karlsruhe, Germany, in 1985
- MSc. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Karlsruhe, Germany, in 1980
- Treatment of drinking water and process water
- Treatment of industrial wastewater by physical-chemical processes
- Water management in industries with an emphasis on the closing of water cycles
International Research Projects
Treatment of Tapioca Wastewater and Sustainable Water Pollution Control Management of Key Economic Zones in Southern Vietnam (TAPIOCA), Sub-project: Treatment of Tapioca Wastewater. Funding: BMBF (Germany), MOST (Vietnam). Period: 2009 – 2012
Environmental and Water Protection Technologies of Coastal Zones in Vietnam (EWATEC- COAST). Sub-project: Industrial Water Management. Funding: BMBF (Germany), Vietnam National University of Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) Period: 2012 – 2015
- Fettig, J., Miethe, M. and Rathke, K. Four-year Undergraduate Course in Environmental Engineering in Germany. Wat. Sci. Tech. 41 (2000) No 2, 55-59.
- Fettig, J., Henne, K.H. and Maßmeyer, K. A Technical Environmental Protection Curriculum in Germany: Intentions, Acceptance, and Future Improvements. Internat. J. Sustainability in Higher Education 3 (2002) 1, 67-74.
- Fettig, J. Some aspects of the environmental labour market in five European countries and conclusions with respect to environmental curricula. Wat. Sci. Tech. 49 (2004) No 8, 109-116.
- Fettig, J. Modeling the uptake of natural organic matter (NOM) by different granular sorbent media. J. Wat. Supply: Research & Technology – AQUA 54 (2005) 2, 83-93.
- Fettig, J., Miethe, M. and Pick, V. Decentralised Treatment of Runoff from Traffic Areas – Principles and Practical Aspects. In: Chemical Water and Wastewater Treatment IX, herausgeg. von H. H. Hahn, E. Hoffmann and H. Ødegaard. IWA Publishing, London 2007, p 103-113.
- Fettig, J. Drinking Water Quality and Protection of Resources. Int. Rev. Appl. Sci. Eng. 1 (2010) 1-2, 51-54.
- Lorenz, M., Le, T.T.H., Pick, V., Meon, G. and Fettig, J. Simulation of non-point pollution and reduction of water pollution in the Tay Ninh catchment in Vietnam. Proceedings of the Assessment of Freshwater Ecosystems under Global Change (EcoChange) Conference 2010, Kiel, Germany
- Fettig, J., Pick, V., Austermann-Haun, U., Blumberg, M. and Phuoc, N.V. Treatment of tapioca starch wastewater by a novel combination of physical and biological processes. Wat. Sci. Tech. 68 (2013) 6, 1264-1270.
- Fettig, J. and Pick, V. Treatment of Tannery Wastewater by Enhanced Biological Processes – Preliminary Results. In: Meon, G., et al. (eds) Contributions by EWATEC-COAST to 4th International Conference for Environment and National Resources, ICENR 2014, Cuvillier, Göttingen 2014, p 194-203.
- Fettig, J. and Liebe, H. Modelling GAC adsorption of biologically pre-treated process water from hydrothermal carbonization. Wat. Sci. Tech. 72 (2015) 1, 77-83.
- Ratnaweera, H. and Fettig, J. Review: State of the Art of Online Monitoring and Control of the Coagulation Process. Water 7 (2015), 11, 6574-6597; doi:10.3390/w7116574